DIY Decal Install
Have you purchased some cut vinyl decals off our store and need to learn how to install them yourself?
You've come to the right page! Here, we'll teach you how to install your decal yourself using everyday household objects. The bigger the decal, the harder it is, but if you take your time and do it right, you'll be done in no time.
What you'll need:
- Your vinyl decal. This consists of a wax paper backing with your cut vinyl decal applied to the wax side, and a sticky piece of application tape on the face.
Please do not peel this tape off until instructed to do so.
- A vinyl applicator if you have access to one, or a plastic card such as a bank card or ID.
It is easier to apply a decal using a proper vinyl applicator so you may want to invest in one if you're going to be doing a lot of your own decals for yourself. These will be available for purchase on our store shortly.
- An appropriate cleaning product to clean the surface that you're applying your decal to.
Warm soapy water or Windex are appropriate for use.
- A spirit such as isopropanol or methylated spirits to clean off any residue before application.
- Something to mark your surface with to help with correct alignment, such as masking tape, a wax pencil or a grey lead if you're happy to remove pencil marks after. Alternatively you can do this free hand if specific alignment is not an issue.